- 140 All Purpose Flour, sifted
- 40 Cocoa Powder, sifted
- 200 gr Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 120 ml Milk
- 120 ml Boiling Water
- 70 ml Canola Oil
- pinch of Salt
- 100 gr Cream Cheese Philadelphia, room temperature
- 20 gr Margarine, Room temperature
- 60 gr Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- For the Cake: Preheat the oven to 180°C (350F). Line a 9-inch springform baking pan with a round parchment paper.
- Mix in a large bowl (dry ingredients) sifted flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in another bowl (wet ingredients) milk, oil, egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mix it until well combined.
Then add hot boiling water into the batter and stir again until well combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared spring form.
Place it into the preheated oven and bake for about 45-50 minutes.Check if the cake is done, by sticking a bamboo stick, if it stands upright & comes out clean with no batter on it, then the cake is done.
- Remove and let it cool completely on top of a wire rack before covering with Frosting. Slide around the cake to loosen it from the pan, turn the pan over onto a metal rack and peel off the paper.
- For the Cream-cheese Frosting: Beat the cream cheese and margarine in a large bowl until it becomes smooth. Add vanilla extract and heavy cream, stir it again. Then gradually add in powdered sugar. Tipp: If the frosting is too soft, add more powdered sugar, but if the frosting is too stiff you may add more milk, just make sure the frosting becomes spreadable consistency.
- Spread cream-cheese frosting evenly on top & side of the chocolate cake. The cake can be consumed directly or it can be stored in a refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container. Tipp: If stored in the refrigerator, it’s recommended to let it stay at room temperature at least 1 hour before serving.
- 200 gr Potatoes, peeled & sliced
- 500 Pumpkin, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 400 ml Chicken Broth
- 5 tbsp Milk
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 3 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds, optional
- Peeled and sliced potatoes and pumpkin.
- Melted a butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté butter with chopped of onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Pour the sliced of potatoes and pumpkin, sauté for about 2-3 minutes.
Then add broth. Let it cook until it become tender, it will take about 15-20 minutes, remove from the heat and let it warm.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and chopped parsley. Set aside.
- Pour the potatoes and pumpkin mixture into a food processor or blender.
Purée until it get smooth texture.
Then return it back to the saucepan.
Add milk, ground nutmeg, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Keep stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Spoon the purée potatoes and pumpkin soup into the bowl, top it with a spoonful of sour cream mixture and sprinkle some pumpkin seeds on top of it. It is recommended to eat it with warm bread.
- 4 Big Green Apple. Wash, peel, and dice
- 200 gr Granulated Sugar
- 130 gr All Purpose Flour, sift
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- a pinch of Salt
- Powdered Sugar, for dusting
How To Make It :
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350F). Place a parchment paper on a round cake pan.
- Wash, peel and dice the apples into small pieces.
(Place some of it on top of the parchment paper and another part will be mixed later with the batter).
- In another large bowl beat sugar and eggs using standing mixer or electric mixer until it is doubled in volume.
- Using a spatula gently fold flour, salt and baking powder into the batter until it is fully combined.
Then add another half of the apples into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan.
- Place the cake pan in the pre-heated oven and bake for about 50-55 minutes. Check if the cake is done, by sticking a bamboo stick, if it stands upright & comes out clean with no batter on it, then the cake is done.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool. Take out the parchment paper before you start to dust the cake with powdered sugar.
Now your cake is ready to serve.