14. June 2012
Served for 5 person
Served for 5 person
For the Dough
- 80 ml Milk
- 200 gr All Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp White Wine
- a Pinch of Salt
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil, for brushing the dough
- 2 tbsp Flour, for editing
- 30 gr Butter
- 35 gr Caster Sugar
- 30 gr Breadcrumbs
- 80 gr Flaked Almonds, roasted until golden-brown
- 100g butter
- 50 gr Caster Sugar
- 1 Lemon, take the juice only
- 3 Sauer Apples (Peel the skin, remove seeds, cut thinly 2-3mm lengthwise & diagonally)
- 40 ml Whisky/ Brandy
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 40 gr Raisins
- 1 vanilla Pod, cut the vanilla pod lengthwise
- 200 ml heavy Cream
- 180 ml Milk
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 45 gr Caster Sugar
How to make it
- For the pastry: preheat the milk until its lukewarm. Then in a bowl sieve the flour, add the lukewarm milk, flour, eggs, oil & white wine. Mix it until it becomes smooth & supple dough. Place it in a bowl & coat the dough with oil. Then cover it with transparant film & set aside. Let it rest in a warm place for 2 hours. (Meanwhile you can prepare the sauce)
- Roast flaked almonds in a saucepan on medium heat. When it turns into golden brown, remove from the saucepan & keep it in a plate. Then in another saucepan melt 50 gr butter, set aside.
- Toasted breadcrumbs: Add butter in a frying pan over medium heat, let it simmering. Add sugar & breadcrumbs. Stir it until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Mix the filling: Add a peeled apple, lemon juice, (55 gr) sugar, Whisky/ brandy, rum, raisins, cinnamon powder and roasted almonds in a big bowl. Mix well all the ingredients & set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356F). Put the baking sheet over the pan, set aside.
- Sprinkle some flour on the kitchen towel. Then roll out the dough thinly. Brush the dough with the melted butter and sprinkle with the roasted breadcrumbs. Carefully roll up your kitchen towel until the end, roll the dough loosely. Slide it carefully onto your baking sheet with the edge. Bake it for 35-40 minutes.
- Vanilla sauce: cut a fresh vanilla pod lengthwise, scrape out the seeds and bring it to boil with milk and heavy cream. Add egg yolks in a bowl with caster sugar. Whisk it with hand mixer until creamy, then pour slowly the hot milk mixture to the bowl, keep stirring. Add the mixture to a saucepan and stirring constantly (do not let it boil) until the mixture is creamy and thickens. The sauce through a sieve into a bowl of water.
Tips : You can serve with a scoop of Vanilla sauce or Vanilla Ice cream on the side.
Enjoy! En Guete! Selamat Makan!