23. February 2014
Ayam Goreng Bumbu Kuning
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- 8 Chicken Wings, with or without bones
- 1 Lemon, take only the juice
- 5 bay leaves
- 3 stalks lemongrass, crushed & take the part inside
- 350 ml of water
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 5 red onions
- 5 Candlenuts
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 4 cm Turmeric, grilled (you may substitute with turmeric powder)
- 3 cm Galangal
- 4 cm Ginger
- 3 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- Salt & Pepper
How To Make It
- Prepare some rice in your rice cooker
- Wash chickens in water then throw the water & replace with lemon juice. Mix it well & let it sit for at least 20 minutes. After sit for a few minutes wash it again with clean water.
- Then place the chickens in an empty cooking pot. Mix it with bay leafs, lemongrass, ground spices & the water. Stir well.
- Cook the chickens over medium heat until boiling, then reduce the heat. Close the pot with the lid, stir occasionally. Let it cook until the water is reduced & absorbed. Then take out the chicken wings & the ground spices.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Once the oil is getting hot, fry the chicken wings & the thicken ground spices. Cook until the color turns into golden brown. Then take out the chicken & the crispy ground spices to the prepared metal colander covered with the tissue (it is helpful to drain the excess of the oil).
- After a while put the chicken wings & crispy ground spices to the serving plate. Now it is ready to serve with some hot rice.
Enjoy! En Guete! Selamat Makan!