23. February 2014
Banana Chocolate Cupcakes
serve 12 Cupcakes
- 135 gr all Purpose-flour
- 200 gr Granulated white sugar
- 40 gr Cocoa Powder
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking soda
- a pinch of Salt
- 2 Bananas, 1 Mashed & the other 1 sliced
- 115 ml Warm Water
- 65 ml Milk
- 60 ml Canola/ Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- Pistachio Nuts – for the decoration
- A few slices of Banana
- 115 gr Butter, room temperature
- 90 gr Unsweetened Chocolate, chopped
- 120 gr Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 1 tabelspoon Vanilla Extract
How To Make It
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350F) & place the rack in the center of the oven.
- Line-up 12 regular-sized muffin cups with paper liners.
- For the Cupcake : Whisk all the dry ingredients flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda & salt together in a bowl.
- Then whisk in another bowl all the wet ingredients: egg, mashed banana, milk, oil, water & vanilla extract.
- Now mix. Pour all the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stir until it is well combined (the batter should become thin).
- Scoop the batter to the muffin cups. Use the ice cream scoop and fill it for about 3/4. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until inserted toothpick from a cupcake comes out clean.
- When it is already done, remove from the oven & let it cool on a wire rack.
- For the Chocolate frosting : Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl placed over the saucepan of shimmering water. Mix it using the spatula, once it is melted remove from heat & let it cool to room temperature.
- Use your electric or hand mixer with another bowl. Beat the butter until smooth & creamy. Then add sugar, beat it until it is light & pluffy. Add Vanilla extract & the melted chocolate, beat it in low speed until incorporated. Then increase the speed to medium-high & beat it until the frosting becomes smooth & glossy.
- When the cupcakes are cooled down, frost it with the Chocolate frosting & add some slices of Banana & sprinkle some of Pistachio nuts over the cupcakes
Enjoy! En Guete! Selamat Makan!