23. February 2014
Blueberry Streusel Scones
For the Scones
- 260 gr All Purpose-flour
- 70 gr Granulated White Sugar
- 20 gr Cocoa Powder
- 9 gr Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 90 gr Cold Butter, cut into small cubes
- 150 gr Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Large Egg, lightly beaten
- 125 ml Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
For the Streusel Topping
- 40 gr All Purpose-flour
- 50 gr Fine Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 30 gr Cold Butter, cut into small cubes
How To Make It
- Preheat the oven to 200 C (400F). Put the baking sheet over the baking pan, set aside.
- For the Scones : Whisk flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Add the cold butter that has been cut into small cubes to the dry mixture & mix it well (you can use your hand, pastry blender, etc.). After a while the mixture should look like crumbs. Then gently fold in the fresh blueberries.
- In a seperate bowl whisk the beaten egg with milk & vanilla extract. Then add this mixture to the flour mixture, keep mixing it until the dough comes together (do not over mix or the scone will be too tough).
- Roll out the dough to a lightly floured surface & gently knead the dough about 5 times. Then put the dough into a circle form. Then cut it into 6 pie-shapped wedges (triangles). Place the scone on the baking sheet. Brush the top with a little bit milk or heavy cream.
- For the Streusel : Whisk flour, brown sugar & cinammon. Then add the cold butter that has been cut into small cubes to the dry mixture & mix it well (you can use your hand, pastry blender, etc) after a while the mixture should look crumbly. Take about 1-2 tsp the streusel & pour it on top of the scones.
- Bake the scones for about 20-25 minutes or until it come a nicely brown color. Insert a toothpick in the center of the scones & if it is upright & comes out clean then it is done. Transfer it to a wire rack & let it cool.
- It is best if you eat it at the same day they are made, but it is also can be restored for a few days in the refrigerator.