23. February 2014
Chocolate Cake with Pomegranate Filling & Topping
- 180 gr All purpose-flour
- 110 gr Granulated white sugar
- 60 gr Cocoa Powder
- 2 Large Eggs
- 120 ml Canola/ Vegetable Oil
- 120 gr Sour cream/ Plain yoghurt
- 120 ml Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 35 gr Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 1 Pomegranate, take the seeds only
- Powder sugar for dusting
How To Make It
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375F). Then grease and flour 8 inch baking form pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Add chopped of chocolate and the pomegranate seeds then gentls mix all together until well combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, milk & oil. Add to the dry ingredients & fold everything until well combined.
- Spread the batter in a prepared baking pan. Sprinkle some of the remaining pomegranate seeds.
- Place the baking pan in the pre-heated oven & bake for about 35-45 minutes. Check if the center of the cake is done with a bamboo stick/ tooth pick. If it stands upright & comes out clean, then the cake is done.
- Let it cook in the pan for about 15 minutes. Take the pastry spatula/knife & run it around the cake, release from the side of the pan. Then let it cool completely.
- Before serving: Dust it with powdered sugar & sprinkle some extra pomegranate on top of the cake.
Enjoy! En Guete! Selamat Makan!