20. April 2012
Chocolate Cheese Cake
- 220 gr Granulated sugar
- 8 oz Package creamcheese, softened at room temperature
- 250 gr sour cream
- 300 gr Toblerone Dark Chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp Coffee powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 Almond extract
- 1/2 Vanilla Extract
For the base of the cake
- 500 gr Chocolate Cookies, crushed until soft
- 2 tbsp of Granulated Sugar
- 170 gr Unsalted Butter, melted & let it cold
- 1 Springform pan of (22-30cm)
How to make the base
- Pre heat your oven to 250 Celcius
- Place the chocolate cookies in a plastic bag and crush them using a rolling pin. Pour the crushed cookies into a bowl.
- Melt the butter & let it cool down, then add 2 tbsp granulated sugar & mix over the cookies. Pour & press the mixture into a springform pan. Spread the cookie crust all around and up to the sides of the pan and keep it in refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
How to make the filling
- Add softened cream cheese into a large bowl and fold it over until it becomes creamy. Then, add almond extract, vanilla extract & Granulated sugar, mix together. Add 3 eggs (one at a time, be careful not to whip the batter). Add sour cream, coffee powder, cocoa powder & melted toblerone chocolate. Stir all the mixture until the batter is having a nice & dark color.
- Take out the cookie crust from the refrigerator & pour all the mixture over the cookie crust and put the spring form in the oven and bake for 1 hour. Shut the oven off and let the chocolate cheese cake cool in the oven for up to 3-4 hours. This will keep it from cracking when you transfer it to the refrigerator. After its cooled down, put it in the refrigerator. The colder your cheese cake, the more firm the filling will be.
Use a knife to separate the cheese cake from the spring form. Release the cheesecake from the form. Now your cheese cake is ready to serve.
Enjoy! En Guete! Selamat Makan!