14. April 2012
Serve for 6-8 Portions
Classic Italian Beef & Cheese Lasagna
Serve for 6-8 Portions
There’s nothing more tasty than a homemade Lasagna, this recipe is really easy to make & the taste is so good… You can serve your Lasagna together with a fresh salad and some good italian red wine. I recommend you for example a “Valpolicella Ripasso”.
- 3 tbsp of Olive oil
- 3 tbsp of Margarine
- 1 Onion, chopped finely
- 2 Garlic,Chopped finely
- 500 gr ground Beef
- 4 Pieces of Beef sausage, hacked
- 4 Brown Mushroom, rough chopped
- 2 cans of Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Water
- A pinch of Salt
- Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 1 cup of dry Red wine (optional)
- A pinch of Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp dried Oregano
- 2 Sheets of Bay Leaves
- 150 gr of fresh Mozzarella Cheese, cut thinly
- Parmiggiano Cheese
- 250 gr Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Egg
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Black pepper
- A pinch of salt
- Parsley leaves, chopped
- Basil leaves, chopped
How to make the Lasagna
- Tomato Sauce: add olive oil in a frying pan with medium heat, then add onion & garlic until the colour is turning to golden brown. Optional you can add some red wine, stir well, add the tomato sauce, water, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, nutmeg, stir well and set aside.
- Bolognaise Sauce: In another pan add some olive oil, then add beef & sausage stir over medium-high heat until the meet is tender & Brown well (breaking up with a fork as it cooks), then add the chopped mushrooms, stir well until the mushroom getting soft. Then add the Tomato Sauce that we already set aside before, stir well until combined & bring it to boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low heat simmer, covered for about 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally. Let the tomato sauce get a little bit thick & the meet is getting tender
- When the Bolognaise Sauce is ready, Turn the heat off and let it sit for 10 minutes. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375F)
- Pasta: Prepare a large bowl. Put the sheets of pasta into the bowl and cover them with hot-warm water. Leave it to soak for 5 to 10 minutes or make sure until they’re all submerged.(Optional you could also make the pasta by yourself)
- Remove the lasagne sheets one by one from the water and place them on a damp towel. Then turn them over to pat them dry on both sides. You may need to do this in batches to finish drying all of the lasagna.
- Bechamel Sauce: beat 1 egg, then add Ricotta cheese, Mozzarella cheese, parmiggiano cheese, Chopped of Parsley & basil,cayenne pepper (optional), black pepper, and salt, mix well.
- Oil around the casserole dish with a pastry brush. Then spread a thin layer of Bolognaise Sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish. Place a few sheets of lasagna sheets in the pan in a single layer overlapping slightly. Spread evenly with ¼ of the Bechamel sauce then add about 1 cup of bolognaise sauce and spread evenly. Arrange some slices of Mozzarella & Parmiggiano cheese.
Now repeat the process: the lasagne, followed by the rest of the Bechamel sauce, then the bolognaise sauce. For a final touch add the layer of lasagna sheets, bolognaise sauce, mozzarella cheese & Parmiggiano Cheese until its fully covered.
- Cover the Lasagna with the aluminium foil & let it bake for 30 minutes, then after 30 minutes take off the aluminium foil (uncovered) and continue bake it for another 40 minutes until the top is golden brown until is bubbly & of course until its hot all the way through.
- let it sit until 15-20 minutes. then serve.
Enjoy! En Guete! Selamat Makan!