1. November 2014
Classic Sharlotka Cake
- 4 Big Green Apple. Wash, peel, and dice
- 200 gr Granulated Sugar
- 130 gr All Purpose Flour, sift
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- a pinch of Salt
- Powdered Sugar, for dusting
How To Make It :
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350F). Place a parchment paper on a round cake pan.
- Wash, peel and dice the apples into small pieces.
(Place some of it on top of the parchment paper and another part will be mixed later with the batter).
- In another large bowl beat sugar and eggs using standing mixer or electric mixer until it is doubled in volume.
- Using a spatula gently fold flour, salt and baking powder into the batter until it is fully combined.
Then add another half of the apples into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan.
- Place the cake pan in the pre-heated oven and bake for about 50-55 minutes. Check if the cake is done, by sticking a bamboo stick, if it stands upright & comes out clean with no batter on it, then the cake is done.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool. Take out the parchment paper before you start to dust the cake with powdered sugar.
Now your cake is ready to serve.
Enjoy! En Guete! Selamat Makan!