Creamy Potato and Pumpkin Soup
- 200 gr Potatoes, peeled & sliced
- 500 Pumpkin, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 400 ml Chicken Broth
- 5 tbsp Milk
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 3 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds, optional
- Peeled and sliced potatoes and pumpkin.
- Melted a butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté butter with chopped of onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Pour the sliced of potatoes and pumpkin, sauté for about 2-3 minutes.
Then add broth. Let it cook until it become tender, it will take about 15-20 minutes, remove from the heat and let it warm.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and chopped parsley. Set aside.
- Pour the potatoes and pumpkin mixture into a food processor or blender.
Purée until it get smooth texture.
Then return it back to the saucepan.
Add milk, ground nutmeg, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Keep stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Spoon the purée potatoes and pumpkin soup into the bowl, top it with a spoonful of sour cream mixture and sprinkle some pumpkin seeds on top of it. It is recommended to eat it with warm bread.