18. May 2012
Green tea Vermicelli with Bärlauch Pesto
- 4 sdm Olive oil
- 2 Big Onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Garlic, minced
- 250 gr Green tea Vermicceli
- 100 gr Salami Picante
- 80 gr Pinienkerne/Pine Nuts
- Parmesan Cheese
- 2,5 dl Half Cream
Ingredients for Bärlauch pesto
- 1 sdm Olive oil
- 2 Bundles of Bärlauch/ Wild garlic Leaves/ Bear’s garlic
- 2 dl Half Cream
- Salt & Black pepper
How to make it
- Bärlauch Pesto: Add Bärlauch Blätter/ Wild Garlic leaves in a blender, half cream, olive oil, a pinch of salt & blackpepper. Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Boil three quarters of water in a pan. Add some salt.
- Add the Green tea vermicelli into the boiling water and cook it for about 10 minutes or until “al dente” – which means cooked but still a little stiff to the bite. (Do not let it overcook).
- While the vermicelli is cooking, you can make the sauce.
- Place a saucepan on a medium-high heat. Add olive oil, then add the onions and garlic, and stir it for a few minutes until its getting golden-brown.
- Add Pinienkerne/Pine Nuts, let it roast for 15 minutes then add Salami. Stir occasionally.
- Now add Half cream, stir it again until simmering, then add the Bärlauch pesto. Cook together until the sauce is obsurb, last add some shredded Parmesan cheese. Season well with some salt and blackpepper and stir the whole mixture together.
- Take the vermicelli to the sink and drain it into the colander. Add some butter so the vermicelli will not be sticky.
- Transfer the vermicelli to the saucepan. And cook it at medium heat and season with the cooked cream.
- Remove from the heat.
- Just before serving: add whole leaves of parsley. And serve!
Enjoy! En Guete! Selamat Makan!