17. April 2012
Serve for 4 Persons
For the Broth
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 ltr of Chicken stock
- 1 Can of Coconut Milk
- 3 tbsp of Laksa Paste (depending on your taste – 3 is spicy for Western)
- 1 package Fish Balls
- 1 package Fried tofu puffs
- 2 tbsp of Fish sauce
- 1 lime, take the juice
- 3 Lime leaves
- Fish cake (optional)
- 2 stalks lemongrass (white part only, pounded)
- salt just to taste
The Spice Paste (all these ingredients you blended until it’s soft)
- 3 Big Shallots / 6-7 for the small Shallots, chopped
- 5 Clove Garlic, chopped
- 3 cm Ginger, peeled & chopped
- 2 fresh red chilli (you could put moredepending on your taste)
- 1 tbsp of Ebi (dried prawn)
- A ½ cup of water
- 1 tbsp Blackpepper
- A pinch of Salt
- Rice vermicelli, noodles or egg noodles
- Boiled Eggs; devide by 2
- Red Chili, sliced
- Spring Onion
- Coriander leaves
- Fresh lime
- Fried shallots
How to Make it
- Blend shallots, garlic, ginger, chillies, Ebi, chili, blackpaper, salt and water until it becomes a smooth paste – set aside.
- Bring a pan with oil to meduim heat. Start to fry the spice paste for 5 minutes, then adding the laksa paste. Fry again for another 5 minutes and pour Chicken stock until it is boiling slightly. Then add coconut milk, keep stiring all the time & allow to simmer.
- Add fish balls, fried tofu, fish sauce, squeeze in the lime and salt to taste.
- *If you wish to have Egg noodle : Rinse the egg noodles, drain them and set aside.
- *If you wish to have a vermicelli : Soak the dry vermicelli noodles with some hot water until they are soft, drained and set aside.
- To assemble: set a bowl of laksa, drain the noodles and transfer to a serving bowl. Add a handful of bean sprouts. On top of the noodles add a few pieces of fish cake and eggs.
- Pour the laksa broth and a few pieces of tofu puffs to top the noodles. Garnish with spring onions, chilli, coriander and fried shallots. Don’t forget to squeeze the lime before eating. Now your laksa is ready to serve.
Enjoy! En Guete! Selamat Makan!