20. May 2012
Indonesian Sweet Pancake/Martabak Manis
- Margarine/Butter, for frying
- 300 gr Plain Flour
- 170 gr Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Salt
- 1 tbsp Dry Yeast Instant
- 3 Eggs (2 Egg yolks & 1 Full Egg)
- ½ Vanilla Powder
- 400 ml Warm Milk
For the Filling
- Shredded Cheese
- Chocolate Sprinkle
- Condesed Milk
- Ground Peanuts (I use cashew nuts)
- Granulated Sugar
How to make it
- Sift flour in a bowl. Add vanilla powder, sugar, eggs, vanilla powder. Stir well.
- While whisking pour slowly warm milk. Then add dry yeast & baking powder, whisk further until well combined & soft. Set the mixture aside for about 40 minutes.
- Heat a saucepan on a low heat, add margarine & pour the mixture into the hot saucepan and then cover it. Let it stand until the middle of the mixture is cooked. Don’t forget to check that the bottom of the mixture is also cooked. (When bubbles start to form, sprinkle some sugar, and then cover it back).
- When the surface has dried up, take it out of the pan.
- Move the mixture on a chopping board. Spread some butter on top of it & add whatever toppings you desire according to your taste.
- Cut into half and put one half on top of the other. Spread some butter outer of the cake, then cut it into smaller squares, or cut as you desire. Now your Martabak is ready to serve.
Enjoy! En Guete! Selamat Makan!