7. March 2014
Kimchi Fried Rice
Serve for 2 persons.
- 4 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 Eggs, 1 for Scramble & 2 for Sunny Side up
- 1/4 cup of Anchovies, fried
- 3 Cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 Chillies, cut lengthwise
- 1/2 Shallots, finely diced
- 2 cups of steamed white rice, let it cool
- 1 1/2 cup of Kimchi & 1/4 cup for the juice
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 Stalks Spring Onion, cut thinly (seperate the edge/ the leaves)
- a little bit of Salt & Black Pepper/ Red Paper, just to taste
Tipp: If you have enough time: Just cook the rice the night before and let it set. It will give a better texture.
- Cucumber, Slices long
- Carrots, for garnish
- Fried onion
How To Make It
- Add some oil into the wok. Saute garlic, shallots, chillies & the edge of Spring onion until fragrant. Add 1 egg & stir until it became a scrambled egg. Add the kimchi and do a few quick stirs before adding the rice.
- Put 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil in a wok over medium heat, cook both eggs sunny side up. Set aside.
- Add the rice & stir to combine well. Add soy sauce, fish sauce, salt & black pepper. Stir a few times to blend with the rice. Dish out and serve immediately with the sunny side up eggs on top of the rice.
Enjoy! En Guete! Selamat Makan!