18. May 2012
Klepon / Sweet Rice Balls Stuffed with Coconut Sugar
- 30 gr of Glutinous Rice Flour
- 125 gr Tapioca Starch
- 70 ml coconut milk (prefereably lukewarm)
- 60 ml Pandan juice from fresh pandan leaves/ 2-3 drops of Pandan Paste
- Javanese Palm Sugar, grated finely
- 1 litter of Water, to boiled
- Mix 1/4 tsp of salt with Freshly Grated Coconut
*if u buy dry coconut grated from the packaging, you need to add a pinch of salt & 2-3 tbsp of water then mixed it together*
How to Make it
- Mix the glutinous rice flour with lukewarm water and pandan juice/pandan paste into a firm & flexible dough.
- Pull off the dough with 2 teaspoons and shape it into a ball.
- Push your thumb finger into the center of the ball (to make a hole), and put in grated palm sugar about ½ of teaspoon. Seal and roll it back into the ball shape with the palms of your hands. Prepare all the balls then set them aside.
- Drop the balls into the boiling water, once the balls are floating remove them directly to the grated coconut. Now your Klepon are ready to serve.
Enjoy! En Guete! Selamat Makan!