14. June 2012
Luzerner Chügelipastete a la Desi Klak
For the meat ball
- 400 gr Beef, minced
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 200 gr Tapioca Starch
- 2 Eggs
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 ltr Beef Broth
- 1 Pie Pastry/Blätterteig
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion, Sliced thinly
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 5 tbsp Fresh Milk
- 3 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 150ml Beef Broth
- 2 tbsp Dry-White Wine
- 200 gr Champignons, cut it in small pieces
- 100 gr Spring onion, finely chopped
- 40 gr Parmiggiano/ Parmesan Cheese
- salt & pepper
How to Make it
- Make the meat balls: Cut the fat out of the meat and set it away – if you dont like it. Enter 250 gr minced meat into the blender. Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, then season it until well blended. Add ice cubes and then blend again until completely smooth. Insert the meat into a large bowl, add 2 eggs. Stir it. Add tapioca flour 200gr (as adhesive). Stir well.
- Prepare 2 liters of water in a large pot. Let it boil and then lower the heat. Take a small amount of meat mixture and put it on your palms, then make small balls. Diameter of 1 cm small. Put all the balls into the hot water, wait until they float. Drain and then put them back into the cold water for 5 minutes, drain again.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Place the pie pastry into a mould, bake it for 15-20 minutes.
- Make the Filling/Chügelipastete: Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Then sautee garlic & onion until they turn golden brown. Then add champignon, meat balls & spring onion. Stir well for 10 minutes.
- Add half of beef broth, white wine and stir for 5 minutes. Then add milk & flour, let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the other half of beef broth & cheese. Stir well until the sauce is getting a little bit thicker. Set aside.
- Take the baked pastry pie from the oven. Put a full serving spoon of chügelipastete on the plate. Then cover it with pastry pie on top. Serve immediately.
Enjoy! En Guete! Selamat Makan!