18. May 2012
Nam Tok Salad/ Spicy Grilled Beef Salad
- 300 gr (Beef/Pork), cut thinly & grilled
- 50 ml Beef broth mixed with 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Small Shallots, cut thinly
- 2 kaffir Lime Leaves, cut finely
- 2 stalks of Spring onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp of Thai Rice Powder
- 1 tbsp of Chili Powder
- 2 stalks of Corriander/ Cilantro Leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce, to taste
- 4 dried Chilies
- 3 Chilies, cut into small pieces
- Sugar (optional)
- 1 Lime Juice, freshly squeezed
How to make it
- Grill the steak in a saucepan over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes – (5 minute on each side), then roast in oven with 200°C (392F) for another 10 minutes (5 minute on each side). Once it’s done, remove from the oven & Slice into thin slices. (with pork, it should be cooked through but still very tender and juicy).
- Place the grilled beef in a medium bowl, then add the beef broth, which is already mixed with soy sauce, the slices of shallots, lime leaves, kaffir lime leaves, rice powder, chili powder, chillies, dried chilies, spring onion, fish sauce, lime juice, corriander leaves and fresh mint leaves.. Mix well all the ingredients. Once it is done, transfer to serving platter. Serve with steamed Jasmine rice.
Enjoy! En Guete! Selamat Makan!