23. February 2014
Orange Chiffon Cake
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 230 gr Flour, sifted
- 120 ml Canola Oil/Vegetable Oil/Raps Öl
- 250 gr Super fine White Sugar /blend caster sugar in a food processor until become like a powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 10 gr Baking Powder
- 190 ml Fresh squeezed Orange Juice, take the juice only
- 2 tbsp Orange Zest, grated the outer orange
- 7 White Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Cream of tartar
- 60 gr Super fine White Sugar / blend caster sugar in a food processor until become like a powder
How to Make
- Separate the egg white and yolk while they are still cold into different 2 bowls. Then cover it with plastic wrap & let it cool into room temperature for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356F).
- Add sifted flour, superfine white sugar, baking powder, orange zest and salt in a bowl. Whisk them using a wire whisk for about 2 minutes.
- Then make a hole in the middle of the bowl: add egg yolks, canola oil, vanilla extract & orange juice. Whisk them using a mixer until all the ingredients are mixed well. The mixture should become smooth, glossy batter with no lumps of dry ingredients.
- Add the white eggs into a small mixing bowl, add super fine caster sugar & cream of tartar. Beat the mixture by using your electric mixer & whisk it in a high speed until the egg whites are slightly stiff. It should not drip when the beat is lifted from the mixtures.
- Now fold together. Pour them slowly & gently together. (fold it into one direction, fold it from down up to the side.)
- Pour the finished batter into an ungreased tube pan. Place the cake pan in the pre-heated oven & bake it for about 1 – 1 1/2 hours. Check if the center of the cake is done with a toothpick. If it stands upright & comes out clean, then the cake is done.
- Once the cake is ready, remove it from the oven. Flip the pan upside down against a bottle on kitchen counter & let it cool for at least an hour. Use pastry spatula to losen the side & middle of the pan. Pop the bottom up to release the cake. Then place the cake into serving plate, you may sprinkle some powder sugar on top of the cake. Now your cake is ready to serve.
Enjoy! En Guete! Selamat Makan!