Oreo Cheese Cake
For the Crust
- about 30 Oreo Cookies
- 50 gr Unsalted Butter, melted
For the Filling
- 400 gr Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 85 gr Sour Cream, room temperature
- 3 Eggs
- 210 gr Granulated White Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 20 Oreo Cookies, coarsely chopped
How To Make It
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC (347F).
- For the Crust : Place the Oreo cookies into a plastic bag and crush them using a rolling pin/ hard object. Then add the butter to the crumbled cookies and mix it all together thoroughly. Pour the mixture into the spring form pan and press firmly, spreading the crust evenly. Then bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes (make sure you leave the oven on), while you bake the cheese cake you can start to make the filling.
- For the Cheese Filling : In a bowl of standing mixer/hand mixer, beat the cream cheese in a medium-high speed until smooth. Then gradually add sugar, beat until incorporated. Slowly add the eggs, one at a time. Mix it until well combined, add Sour cream anf vanilla extract.
- Beat until it is fully incorporated. Fold in the chopped oreo cookies into the batter, mix well until fully combined.
- Take out the crust from the oven, then gently pour the cheese cake filling on the prepared crust. Place the spring form back into the preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove the cooled cheesecake from the oven and put it in the refrigerator to chill. The colder your cheesecake, the more firm the filling will be.
- Use your knife to separate the cheesecake from the spring form. Release the pan from its base and gently lift it off the cheesecake. Slice the cheesecake into a serving & chilled plate.
Note : You can add some chocolate topping on top of the cheese cake, then add some oreo cookies for the decoration.
Tipp: Shut the oven off and let the cheesecake cool in the oven for as long as 2 hours. This will keep it from cracking when you transfer it to the refrigerator.