For the Dough :
- 200 gr All Purpose Flour
- 140 gr Margarine, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tbsp Granulated White Sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp of Ice Cold Water
For the Filling :
- 7 Egg Yolks
- 250 ml of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3/4 tbsp of Vanilla Extract
- 120 ml of liquid milk
How To Make It :
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (338F) & place the rack in the center of the oven.
- For the Base : Mix flour, margarine and sugar in a large bowl.
Knead all the ingredients by your hand until the mixture gets a texture like sand.
Then add 3 tbsp ice cold water.
Knead it again until it become elastic & no more sticky in your hand.
- Insert enough dough into the mold, make sure it is not too thick.
Puncture the bottom of the dough with a fork. Set aside.
- For the Filling : Mix sweetened condensed milk, liquid milk, eggs and vanilla extract.
Then strain and pour it into the pie shell mold or you can strain it in another bowl before transferring to the dough.
- Make sure all the milk mixture is spread equally into the pie mold.
- Bake the pie until the filling is set & fully cooked. The length of baking is adjustable, depending on the oven that you have at home, with gas oven it will take about 50 minutes.
- Once it is cooked, remove from the oven and let it cool completely. When it is cold, then you can remove the pie from the mold and cover it with transparent film. You can store it in an airtight container & place it in a refrigerator. It can be consumed up to 3-4 days.
Enjoy! En Guete! Selamat Makan!