15. April 2012
Serve for 18-20 Doughnuts
This Potato Doughnuts recipe is one of my favourite doughnuts recipes that I have tried. This is a perfect snack for everyone, you can enjoy this Doughnuts with a cup of Coffee or tea.
- 1 Wok
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Chop Stick
- 1 Doughnut Form to get the form. Alternative could be
- 1 Shot Glass and 1 Rice Bowl
- 3 Big Potatoes, steam, peel & mash until soft
- 150 gr granulated sugar
- 12 gr Instant Dry Yeast
- 75 gr Margarine/Butter
- 70 gr Milk Powder
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 500 gr Flour
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Powder
- 100 ml Cold Water
- A Pinch of Salt
- Vegetable oil to fry the dough
For a Glace
- 500 gr Chocolate
- 25 gr Butter
- 5 sdm Sugar Powder
How to make it
- Steam the potato. Once it become soft pill out the skin & mash it utill its really soft, set aside & let it cool.
- Mix together Flour, Instant dry yeast, Milk powder, Vanilla powder, Caster Sugar, Mix until become a dough. Then add Mash Potatoes, Egg yolks & Cold water knead again the dough. Then add Salt & Margarine, knead until the dough become elastic. Place the dough in a bowl & cover it, set aside for about 15-20 Minutes to rise.
- After that you can take a handful of the dough and form it into the typical shape – height : like thumb.
- You need to make the classic form now. The easy way is to use the Form that you can buy at any houshold store. If you dont have a Form, I have 2 tricks.
- Roll the dough out to a thickness of about half of a centimetre. Next, use the large cutter to cut out the doughnuts. You can then use the small cutter to cut out their centres.
- Use the small rice bowl to make the classic shape. Put the shot glass into the middle of the dough and you have a perfect Doughnut shape.
- Heat some vegetable Oil in a Wok. (medium- high heat)
- While waiting for the oil to heat up, you can prepare a tray by lining it with some paper towel. place the doughnuts into the hot oil a few at a time. Let them cook for a few minutes until golden brown and turn them over with the chopstick or the bamboo-stick.
Your doughnuts are now ready to serve!
As a serving suggestion they can be glazed with strawberry, chocolate, or raspberry saucesTake them out of the Wok. Remove the oil & drain. Let the Doughnuts cool down then you can add the glace.
For the Glace:
- In a medium bowl: whisk vanilla extract, butter & Chocolate. Slowly stir in milk Whisk until its silky and smooth. If you need a touch more milk to make this a dippable glaze, add a bit more.
- Dip doughnuts in chocolate glaze and let it rest to harden slightly. You can add some grated Peanuts, Pistacio o.e. as you like.
- Notice: They can be glazed with icing sugar, strawberry, raspberry sauces, …
Now your doughnuts are ready to serve…
Enjoy! En Guete! Selamat Makan!