23. February 2014
Salted Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 180 gr All Purpose-flour
- 200 gr Granulated white sugar
- 55 gr Butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 60 gr Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp Instant Espresso powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 250 ml Milk
For the Caramel Frosting
- 350 ml Heavy cream
- 45 gr powdered Sugar
- “Fleur De Sel” Salt
- Caramel Sauce
How To Make It
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350F) & place the rack in the center of the oven.
- Line the 12 pieces of muffin cups with liners, set aside.
- For the Cupcakes : Mix in a large bowl the flour, cocoa powder, instant espresso powder, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, using an electric or hand mixer you mix butter & sugar until its all creamy. Then add the egg & vanilla, mix everything until well combined.
- Add milk & dry ingredients, mix it well to incorporate the batter. Using an ice cream scoop, divide the batter into the muffin cup & bake them for about 20-25 minutes or until it is fully cooked, when a toothpick inserted it will stand upright & comes out clean.
- Let it sit on the rack for at least 20 minutes, to allow to cool completely.
- For the Frosting : Using your electric or hand mixer, whip the cream until soft peaks form, add powdered sugar. Continue beating it until the form becomes stiff peaks.
- Using a piping bag, frost your cupcakes. Then on top of the frosting, drizzle some of the caramel sauce & sprinkle a small amount of Fleur De Sel salt on top of the the frosting and caramel sauce. Now your cupcakes are ready to serve!
Enjoy! En Guete! Selamat Makan!