18. November 2014
Simple Chocolate Cake with Cream-Cheese frosting
- 140 All Purpose Flour, sifted
- 40 Cocoa Powder, sifted
- 200 gr Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 120 ml Milk
- 120 ml Boiling Water
- 70 ml Canola Oil
- pinch of Salt
- 100 gr Cream Cheese Philadelphia, room temperature
- 20 gr Margarine, Room temperature
- 60 gr Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
How To Make It
- For the Cake: Preheat the oven to 180°C (350F). Line a 9-inch springform baking pan with a round parchment paper.
- Mix in a large bowl (dry ingredients) sifted flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in another bowl (wet ingredients) milk, oil, egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mix it until well combined.
Then add hot boiling water into the batter and stir again until well combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared spring form.
Place it into the preheated oven and bake for about 45-50 minutes.Check if the cake is done, by sticking a bamboo stick, if it stands upright & comes out clean with no batter on it, then the cake is done.
- Remove and let it cool completely on top of a wire rack before covering with Frosting. Slide around the cake to loosen it from the pan, turn the pan over onto a metal rack and peel off the paper.
- For the Cream-cheese Frosting: Beat the cream cheese and margarine in a large bowl until it becomes smooth. Add vanilla extract and heavy cream, stir it again. Then gradually add in powdered sugar. Tipp: If the frosting is too soft, add more powdered sugar, but if the frosting is too stiff you may add more milk, just make sure the frosting becomes spreadable consistency.
- Spread cream-cheese frosting evenly on top & side of the chocolate cake. The cake can be consumed directly or it can be stored in a refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container. Tipp: If stored in the refrigerator, it’s recommended to let it stay at room temperature at least 1 hour before serving.
Enjoy! En Guete! Selamat Makan!