27. March 2014
Banana Custard Cream
- 1 Banana
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp Granuated White Sugar
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch/ Maizena
- 160 ml Milk
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
Sponge Roll Cake
- 55 gr Powdered Sugar/ Superfine Sugar
- 40 gr Cake Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 25 ml Milk, room temperature
How To Make It
- For the Banana Custard Cream : Mash a Banana with a fork until it became soft. Then add the egg, sugar, corn starch / maizena and milk in a bowl – mix well. Strain & sieve the batter into a saucepan.
- Heat the saucepan to a medium-low heat, stir constantly. Stop the heat when the cream starts to get thicken, but keep stiring for at least another 3 minutes. Add vanilla extract, stir it again and let the cream completely cool. Once it is cool, transfer the custard into a pastry bag & let it chill in a refrigerator. (at least 1 hour)
- Cut the sponge cake into thin slices – about 0,3 inch (0,75 cm). Place the cut sponge cake on top of the plastic wrap (the brown side is up).
- Pipe out the chilled banana custard cream at the center of the sponge cake. Roll it in and securely twist at the end of the plastic wrap (just like a candy).
- For the Sponge Roll Cake : Preheat the oven to 180°C (350F) and Line the brownie pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk in a metal bowl the eggs and sugar, then place the bowl over double boiler pan. With this methode it will melt & warm. Then whisk again with hand mixer, beat them over high speed for about 5 minutes or until the batter become pluffy & white color. Afterwards turn to low speed, whisk for another 2 minutes just to set the texture.
- Sift in flour into the batter and fold in together with spatula for at least 10 times until well combined.Then add milk, fold in again with spatula for about 50 times until well combined.
Tipp: make sure you fold in the batter only in 1 direction, either to left or to the right side & don’t overmix the batter.
- Spread the batter into the brownie pan. Drop lightly the pan on the counter about 3 times
Information: it is to raise the air bubbles out of the batter
- Bake the sponge cake for about 10-15 minutes until become lightly brown.
- When it is done, drop again the pan on the counter lightly, it is to prevent shrinking. Remove the Sponge cake from the pan then place it to the wire rack & let it cool completely. When it is cool enough, remove the parchment paper.
Enjoy! En Guete! Selamat Makan!