10. July 2012
Udon Noodles with Salmon & Jalapeno Vanilla Sauce
Serve for 3 persons
- 250 gr Organic Dried Udon Noodles (Semi-Wholewheat)
- 1 Würfel/block of Beef Stock
- 3 tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 300 gr Salmon (take out the skin)
- 1 tsp of Thyme Leaves
- 6 pieces Brown Button Mushroom
- 4 tbsp of Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp of Japanese spicy red chilli powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 liter of Water
How to Make it
- Boil 1 litter of water, add würfel/block of beef stock & soy sauce. Then add Organic Dried Udon Noodles (Semi-Wholewheat) into the boiling water and cook it for about 20 minutes or until “al dente” – which means cooked but still a little stiff to the bite. (Do not let it overcook). Keep some “noodle stock”/soup.
- Cut the salmon, add salt & pepper. Place a frying pan over medium heat, then cook the Salmon until well done, set aside.
- mushrooms: Add button mushrooms in the same frying pan over medium heat, mix well with sesame seeds & Japanese Spicy red chili pepper. Fry it for about 5-8 minutes, set aside.
- Place it all in a plate, add a little bit of the soup from the noodle stock. Then add button mushrooms & salmon. For Garnish add Thyme. Now your udon noodles are ready to serve.
For the Jalapeno Mayo, please check the recipe here.
Enjoy! En Guete! Selamat Makan!