Yaki Gyoza /Japanese fried Dumpling
Serve for 20 pieces
Base filling For Yaki Gyoza
- 120gr Ground Pork/ Beef/ Chicken
- 100g Cabbage, finely chopped into small pieces
- 50 gr Spring Onion, finely chopped into small pieces
- 1 Onion, finely chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Sake
- 1/2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Potato Starch
- 1 tsp Garlice, grated
- 1/2 tsp Ginger, grated
- a pinch of salt & pepper
- 20 Gyoza Skins
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- Flour, for dusting
For the Gyoza Sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil, as your taste
How To Make It
- For the Gyoza : In a bowl, knead the ground pork until a bit chewy. Add soy sauce, sugar, pepper, sake, potato starch, sesame oil, grated ginger, grated garlic& oyster sauce. Mix well the ingredients for about 1- 2 minutes. Then add chopped onion, spring onion, and cabbage into the mixture. Lightly stir until it is mix.
- Once it is mix, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, place the mixture in a refrigerator for at least about 45 minutes.
- Take the mixture out from the refrigerator, Sprinkle some flour on a baking sheets or over a good surface. Place approximately 1 tablespoon of the cabbage and pork mixture in the center of each wrapper. Fold wrappers in half over filling, and seal edges with moistened fingers.
- In a frying pan or skillet heat sesame oil over medium heat. Line 2-5 of gyoza in each side of the pan, cook it approximately 1 minute.
Then add boiling water into the pan until they are half cover.
Then close the pan with the lid & cook them for about 5-7 minutes.
- When the water has been evaporated, add some more sesame oil between gyoza & close again with the lid. Allow to cook for another 1-2 minutes, When the bottom of gyoza become golden brown remove the gyoza from the pan using spatula.
- On a plate, Serve the gyoza with the bottom side up
- For the Sauce : Put together vinegar, soy sauce & sesame oil. Stir lightly.
Enjoy! En Guete! Selamat Makan!